BASF is currently building a new Verbund site in Zhanjiang, Guangdong province. Announced in July 2018 and officially commenced in November 2019, BASF Zhanjiang Verbund Site Project would be BASF’s largest investment with up to US$10 billion upon completion and would be operated under the sole responsibility of BASF. BASF Zhanjiang Verbund site would ultimately be the third-largest BASF site worldwide, and will be built into a role model for smart manufacturing and sustainable production by utilizing the latest digital technologies and applying the highest safety standards.
- Coordinate and support engineering & maintenance service contractor strategy based on the BIG situation (location, skill availability, suppliers, personnel concepts, cost/price scheme etc.).
- Based on the characteristics of the identified outsourced scope and demands, coordinate, and support sourcing & ing process, including bidding list, contract type, evaluation & assessment, qualification proceeding, bundling (across sites and disciplines) etc.
- Coordinate and support the contracting from the tender and contract preparation to the execution of the tender until the awarding, including contract model (e.g., frame contract, supply man or In-house-contractor etc.), price model (e.g., Quotation/ lump sum, Quota book, Unit rate, Hourly rate etc.), incentives definition (technical and/or performance bonus/malus).
- Lead and coordinate contract’s terms, tracking all critical topics between contractors and users, maintain records for correspondence and documentation in relation to established contracts and those in progress, monitoring of contracts and move forward until close-out, extension, or renewal according to what is best for BASF.
- Solution of any contract-related problems that may arise with other parties and internally with BASF, asking for support of Engineering, Maintenance, Legal and Procurement etc., and ensure contract proper implementation.
- Collaboration with financial, business, maintenance and engineering discipline team, periodically and circularly review, check, assess and optimize contracts from site holistic overview on their performance, risk, measurement and controlling, ensure their continuously and sustainable development and effectively running.
- Establish, set-up and maintain BIG contract management procedures and smart tools system, focused on contracts management and know-how competence to apply in teams daily activities.
- Support on performance of all site engineering & maintenance contractors service management.
- Plan and control the function structure and manpower requirements, headcount and budget.
- Direct and prioritize the workload of team members. Train and coach the direct reports and develop the succession planning in order to improve the working efficiency, quality and professional skills of the team members.
- Establish training, development measures and appraise the performance of the team.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, maintenance related or finance, procurement, legal, or contract management related majors.
- Working Experience: Above 5 years’ experience in contract management of maintenance, engineering or procurement.
- Knowledge in petrochemical/chemical maintenance and/or engineering, be familiar with e.g., its work methods, technical programs etc.
- Strong integration, analytical, problem-solving, written/oral communication, negotiations skill and leadership skills
- Computer, interpersonal and customer service skills are necessary, digital skill or mindset are prefer.
- Fluent English in written, spoken is prefer.